Ferry Farm Community Solar Awards New Grants for Local Schemes
Updated: Dec 2, 2020
3rd round of community grant funding awarded
Ferry Farm Community Solar Ltd has announced the latest successful local projects which will benefit from the awards provided via its community grant fund. The grant fund, which is awarded across two application phases each year, is set to total £20,000 in 2018.
The successful projects from the latest phase of the grant fund scheme are:
· Selsey Football Club – to help establish a third adult side
· Selsey to Chichester Greenway – for the completion of ecological impact assessments for the proposed cycle path
· Sidlesham Parish Council – to complete the playground fencing
· The Academy, Selsey – to provide support for the positive mental health of The Academy's students
· Arts Dream Selsey – to assist in funding the production of the WW1 play 'Journey's End'
· Cloud Nine Musical Theatre Group – for the purchase of two coloured LED zoom lights
· Crablands Bowling and Tennis Club – to install new floodlights
· Gainsborough Singers – to purchase new equipment
· Sports Dream – for a joint Selsey Football and Cricket Clubs' clubhouse
· Youth Dream Selsey Ltd – for the development of a youth support service
Ben Cooper, Ferry Farm Community Solar Director comments: “After another strong round of applications it is exciting to see the breadth of groups that the community grant fund is able to support. The geographical location of many of these local charities and community groups means that they can sometimes find themselves out of the loop when it comes to funding, and so it is great to see the impact that the awards are having. We’re now inviting applications to our next round of funding, with specific focus on supporting causes and initiatives supporting health, education, environment and youth.”
Ferry Farm Community Solar offers two rounds of grant funding each year. The latest round of funding is now open, and closes on 30th November 2018.